So I’ve been playing with a Qt/QML application a little and wanted to import one js library in another.
So I wrote this:
.import "somethingOther.js" as Something;
which was replied by:
file:///home/asmw/src/something/something.js:2 Invalid import qualifier
That’s all. I thought this couldn’t be difficult to fix but fuck this shit.
It took me long enough that I want to blog about it now.
At least I have the qtdeclarative code to see what it actually does.
THERE’S A FUCKING SEMICOLON AT THE END AND THAT’S WRONG!!!
grumble This kind of shit happens when you make other shit optional and tack on some non-standard shit and… gah
But now there’s a blogpost on the internet with a solution :)
So I backed the gnupg crowdfunding drive to improve the website and infrastructure (which seems to be appropriate, considering their site seems to be down right now…)
I also did my ‘bad conscience’ wikipedia donation. I should really do that more often.
How did people live without it?
I don’t use flash, but I like to buy my music on bandcamp.
Up until now I listened to the previews in a VM or on a ‘throwaway’ machine, but not anymore.
If you go to the Bandcamp HTML5 Audio cookie dispenser and take one, you’ll get an HTML5 audio player instead of a Flash one.
Caveat: Iceweasel seems to not support MP3 streams but Konqueror and Chromium work.
Just bought: The Collaborative Endeavors
Ever since I had multiple users on my Nexus 7 I wanted a guest user on my phone. To try software I don’t really trust and to hand to others to go on the internet etc.
I recently found this: How to enable multiple user mode on CyanogenMod 10.1
Of course I had to try it and lo-and behold. A guest user on my phone. I’ve had issues accepting a phone call the other day so YMMV on how useful this is, but all in all I like the idea :)
… they say and so I did.
I’ve been looking for a way to use my own calendar/contacts back-end for Android (and even before that) for some time now.
I’ve tried lots of stuff:
- Running my own syncml server and using multisync/opensync, back in the day on Symbian and the N900
- Running various FOSS groupwares with Activesync support (Horde, SOGo)
- Using Activesync gateways: sogosync, z-push and some derivatives with card-/caldav backends
- Running standalone DAV servers with aCal
Nothing really worked for me.
Now I gave the DAVdroid project some of my money because they are doing a wonderful thing. Works with my owncloud, no duplicates so far :)