… they say and so I did.
I’ve been looking for a way to use my own calendar/contacts back-end for Android (and even before that) for some time now.
I’ve tried lots of stuff:
- Running my own syncml server and using multisync/opensync, back in the day on Symbian and the N900
- Running various FOSS groupwares with Activesync support (Horde, SOGo)
- Using Activesync gateways: sogosync, z-push and some derivatives with card-/caldav backends
- Running standalone DAV servers with aCal
Nothing really worked for me.
Now I gave the DAVdroid project some of my money because they are doing a wonderful thing. Works with my owncloud, no duplicates so far :)
While fiddling with cyanogenmod builds I was curious if the binaries in the TheMuppets repo for LGE binaries correspond to the current offerings of google.
The official binaries come in three self extracting tarball/shell files for the three companies providing the drivers and I wanted to quickly check against a checkout of the TheMuppets binaries.
As I had no tool handy to do the job and my python os getting rusty anyway I cobbled together what I wanted and pushed it to github: https://github.com/asmw/hadidi.
asmw@gambler:~/android$ hadidi.py vendor/ src/proprietary_vendor_lge/mako/ -f ".*\.mk"
Only in src/proprietary_vendor_lge/mako/:
All of the files not in the official binaries seem to have to do with Widevine DRM.
P.S. hadidi has some extra options like selecting the hash algorithm, printing hashes or being quiet and communicating through the exit code.
P.P.S. Binary Blobs Suck